There's Hope!

I've started shaping the knit tank top and I'm beginning to believe my crazy scheme just might work!


I started from the bottom by casting on 65 stitches. I worked 7/8" knit 1, purl 1 ribbing then in stockinette stitch until the piece measured 9-1/8". It is progressing much faster that I had expected but even so, it's much slower project than anything I've ever knitted in the past.

It's a little hard to see since it hasn't been blocked, but I've started shaping the arm scyes on either side of the piece using McCall's 5573 as a guide. You can see in the photo where I've drawn in seam allowances and other guidelines.

I'm not sure, yet, about the best way to finish off the arm scyes and neckline. I'm open to suggestions if anyone has an idea.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

I do things. I write about them. Or sometimes, I just write.

Followers

There are no rules; just follow your heart. ~Robin Williams, Actor
Blog contents copyright Hearts and Crafts 2009. Blogger Template by Nymphont.